[comp.unix.sysv386] What mouse is better: serial ou bus?

bhutch@shine17.waterloo.edu (09/25/90)

What mouse is better for Xwindows on Interactive Unix 2.0.2,
serial or bus? Two or three buttons? Microsoft or Logitech?
What about Logitech's Trackball?

Post or e-mail your experience, I'll summarize it for the
frequently asked questions.

Thanks in advance,

JR Setti
U of Waterloo - Dept. of Civil Engineering

In article <1990Sep24.192905.15779@watserv1.waterloo.edu> bhutch@shine17.waterloo.edu writes:
>What mouse is better for Xwindows on Interactive Unix 2.0.2,
>serial or bus?

Depends upon whether you have a backplane slot to give up or an extra serial
port to give up.

>Two or three buttons? Microsoft or Logitech?

Three buttons, definately.

>What about Logitech's Trackball?

Works fine.  I just unplugged my old Logitech mouse and plugged in the trackball
without making any other changes and it worked fine.  I still think I prefer
the mouse over the trackball, but I don't have enough desk space left over.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170