[comp.unix.sysv386] FAS2.07 doesnt work with msmouse.sys under vpix

phillip@bartal.CRLABS.COM (Phillip M. Vogel) (09/24/90)

I installed FAS2.07 today, and all is well, except that my mouse doesn't
work anymore (it did with stock isc2.02 driver).  Other DOS software is
able to read the mouse ok (Procomm +), and the mouse driver initializes
ok, but programs that used to work, don't.

I've voted yes to comp.sw.testing, where this sort of thing should be
discussed.  I know it's impossible to keep all the critters out of the
software (BOY DO I KNOW), but when I need my mouse, I need my mouse.
Anybody got any ideas about what might be wrong here?  I've checked the
vpix.cnf, and like I said, Procomm sees the mouse just fine.

Thanks,
	Phillip

--
Phillip M. Vogel, President             | #include <standard_disclaimer.h>
Bartal Design Group, Inc. Englewood, NJ | (201)567-1343   FAX:(201)568-2891

In article <410@bartal.CRLABS.COM> phillip@bartal.CRLABS.COM (Phillip M. Vogel) writes:
>I installed FAS2.07 today, and all is well, except that my mouse doesn't
>work anymore (it did with stock isc2.02 driver).  Other DOS software is
>able to read the mouse ok (Procomm +), and the mouse driver initializes
>ok, but programs that used to work, don't.

Well, I seem to have fixed it myself.  I got a newer mouse driver from
a local BBS, and it seems to work fine.  Thanks anyway.
	Phillip
--
Phillip M. Vogel, President             | #include <standard_disclaimer.h>
Bartal Design Group, Inc. Englewood, NJ | (201)567-1343   FAX:(201)568-2891
UUCP: pyrnj!bartal!phillip              | Domain: phillip@bartal.crlabs.com

caf@omen.UUCP (Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX) (09/27/90)

A bit of advice - using the Rx FIFO with a high trigger point may
make your mouse soggy and hard to click... so don't waste a 16550A
on a 1200 bps mouse port.