[comp.unix.sysv386] elm and SCO

rbono@necis.UUCP ( NM1D) (09/28/90)

In article <771@lafayet.UUCP>, rob@lafayet.UUCP (Rob Freyder) writes:
> Elm doesnt work unless root sends the mail.  If a non-root user sends mail
> an error is generated by submit ...

  If someone emails this, please include me (rbono@necis.nec.com), I have just
finished getting the 2.3PL6 distribution, and have found this same problem,
there is a permission error that I have not found the work around for (yet),
please save me some work (if the fix is known for this) by including me in
the distribution for this information.

  I also found a 'small' problem with the sample email file 'test/test.mail'.
This file is not formatted properly when trying to test the MMDF configuration.
The control-A's that separate the messages are missing.  This could be mentioned
in the 'release notes' to save people from thinking there is a problem with
elm, or distribute a separate test.mail folder file (maybe test.mmdf) for use
with elm when it is configured for MMDF.  Sorry if this was mentioned somewhere
in the DOC's, if it was, I missed it (I wasted some time trying to find out
why elm could read mail from the system's mailx, but not from the test.mail
folder).

  Thank you,

  Rich

 * Rich Bono (NM1D)    If I could only 'C' forever!!    rbono@necis.nec.com *