[comp.unix.sysv386] anyone selling ksh binary for '386 unix

arnold@audiofax.com (Arnold Robbins) (10/30/90)

Is there anyone out in the wide world selling ksh binaries for '386
unixes?  In particular, we're interested in versions for Interactive
and ESIX.

(Yes, I know it'll be part of V.4 and that I can buy the source, but
a) I don't want to wait, and b) I don't want to spend that much money.)

Thanks,
--
Arnold Robbins				AudioFAX, Inc. | Laundry increases
2000 Powers Ferry Road, #200 / Marietta, GA. 30067     | exponentially in the

In article <282@audfax.audiofax.com> arnold@audiofax.com (Arnold Robbins) writes:

| (Yes, I know it'll be part of V.4 and that I can buy the source, but
| a) I don't want to wait, and b) I don't want to spend that much money.)

  You definitely want the source. I found that the version on Intel V.4
doesn't have the {} expansion enabled when compiled. I am going to
recompile using the option and just flat out replace the shell. Once you
have it, you *use* it.
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX

pena@fuug.fi (Olli-Matti Penttinen) (10/31/90)

In article <2197@sixhub.UUCP> davidsen@sixhub.UUCP (Wm E. Davidsen Jr) writes:

  In article <282@audfax.audiofax.com> arnold@audiofax.com (Arnold Robbins) writes:

  arnold> (Yes, I know it'll be part of V.4 and that I can buy the
  arnold> source, but a) I don't want to wait, and b) I don't want to
  arnold> spend that much money.)

bill>   You definitely want the source. I found that the version on Intel
bill> V.4 doesn't have the {} expansion enabled when compiled. I am going to
bill> recompile using the option and just flat out replace the shell. Once
bill> you have it, you *use* it.

  Actually, as long as use use ISC or SCO/ODT SysV/386R3.2, you should
get the source, play around with the #ifdefs and #includes a bit, and
recompile for POSIX job control, as well.

  I don't know about SCO for sure, but at least ISC ships
job-control-aware versions of such goodies as vi.

PS. Sorry, can't sell a bin since I don't have a source license, either.

==pena
--
Olli-Matti Penttinen <pena@fuug.innopoli.fi>
Brainware Oy                      "When in doubt, use brute force."

nvk@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Norman Kohn) (11/02/90)

In article <282@audfax.audiofax.com> arnold@audiofax.com (Arnold Robbins) writes:

>| (Yes, I know it'll be part of V.4 and that I can buy the source, but
>| a) I don't want to wait, and b) I don't want to spend that much money.)

Microport's 3.0e included it.  Perhaps they'd sell it separately.

--
Norman Kohn   		| ...ddsw1!nvk
Chicago, Il.		| days/ans svc: (312) 650-6840