[comp.unix.sysv386] 4 serial ports under Esix

tjreynol@zephyr.cair.du.edu (Tim) (11/03/90)

My 386 has Esix 3.2 C;
I currently have port 0 as a modem (and wouldn't you think ESIX would have
	explicit definitions for Everex modems?)
and port 1 as a mouse, and X11R3 apparently does not support ports 2 & 3..

I have a terminal I'd like to hang off of port 2, and another modem I'd
like to have as port 3;

my interrupts are :  port 0 - IRQ 4
		     port 1 - IRQ 5
		     port 2 - IRQ 2
		     port 3 - IRQ 3

goofy perhaps, but the modems won't tolerate much else,

anyway, the port driver only addresses tty00 and tty01 as far as i can tell

could someone knowledgeable point me in the right direction , at least,
or, even better :-)  tell me exactly how to arrange this ocnfigration!:-)

the terminal is an old ADDS Viewpoint, if it matters..

Thanks!
Tim
tjreynol@zephyr.cair.du.edu

jde@everex.uucp (-Jeff Ellis()) (11/09/90)

In article <1990Nov3.020919.3937@mercury.cair.du.edu> tjreynol@zephyr.cair.du.edu (Tim) writes:
>My 386 has Esix 3.2 C;
>my interrupts are :  port 0 - IRQ 4
>		     port 1 - IRQ 5
>		     port 2 - IRQ 2
>		     port 3 - IRQ 3
>
>could someone knowledgeable point me in the right direction , at least,
>or, even better :-)  tell me exactly how to arrange this ocnfigration!:-)

Just run initasy. It will ask all of the right questions for setting
up your ports. Just have all of the addresses close by to answer the questions.

--
Jeff Ellis		ESIX SYSTEM/V  UUCP:uunet!zardoz!everex!jde
			US Mail: 1923 St. Andrew Place, Santa Ana, CA 92705