[comp.unix.sysv386] Netware 386

km@cs.pitt.edu (11/02/90)

A local site is planning on setting up a "Netware 386" machine and would
like to link it to a 486 machine running SVR3 Unix. Does anyone know
whether Netware 386 supports tcp/ip or not?

  Ken Mitchum
  km@cs.pitt.edu

larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) (11/02/90)

km@cs.pitt.edu writes:

>A local site is planning on setting up a "Netware 386" machine and would
>like to link it to a 486 machine running SVR3 Unix. Does anyone know
>whether Netware 386 supports tcp/ip or not?

Novell is working on it right now - and look for something to be released
1Q91.

 {larry@nstar, uunet!sco!romed!nstar!larry, nstar%larry@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)

tim@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Timothy Lange) (11/03/90)

Depends on why you want your server linked to a Unix box.  Or do you
really want your Netware users to have access to the Unix box?  Be
more precise in your request.
--
Tim Lange.

Purdue U. Computing Center/ENAD Bldg./W. Lafayette, IN  47907/317-494-1787
Internet=tim@cc.purdue.edu  Bitnet=TIM@PURCCVM  CIS=75410,525

richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) (11/07/90)

>>A local site is planning on setting up a "Netware 386" machine and would
>>like to link it to a 486 machine running SVR3 Unix. Does anyone know
>>whether Netware 386 supports tcp/ip or not?
>
>Novell is working on it right now - and look for something to be released
>1Q91.

Tell them to look into PC/NFS.

--
Richard Foulk		richard@pegasus.com

larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) (11/08/90)

richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) writes:

>Tell them to look into PC/NFS.

that's from ftp software, right?  If so, we ordered it here and should
have time to play with it sometime before the holidays --
 {larry@nstar, {uunet|backbone}!nstar!larry, larry%nstar@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}

In article <1990Nov07.235805.2426@nstar.uucp> larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) writes:
>richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) writes:
>
>>Tell them to look into PC/NFS.
>
>that's from ftp software, right?  If so, we ordered it here and should
>have time to play with it sometime before the holidays --

No.  PC/NFS is from SUN.  PCTCP is from ftp software.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170

dahlstr@hus.chalmers.se (Gunnar Dahlstrom) (11/09/90)

In article <1990Nov07.235805.2426@nstar.uucp> larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) writes:
>richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) writes:
>
>>Tell them to look into PC/NFS.
>
>that's from ftp software, right?  If so, we ordered it here and should
>have time to play with it sometime before the holidays --
>--

WRONG!!
PC/NFS is from SUN! PC/TCP is from ftp software.

>       Larry Snyder, Northern Star Communications, Notre Dame, IN USA
> {larry@nstar, {uunet|backbone}!nstar!larry, larry%nstar@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
>                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
>         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)

				Gunnar Dahlstrom
			Chalmers University of Technology
			    Div. Building Technology
			   412 96 Gothenbourg, Sveden