[comp.unix.sysv386] Inbound/Outbound Modem on Specialix multiport board.

dave@dptechno.uucp (Dave Lee) (11/13/90)

Has anyone had success using a modem for incomming and outgoing (uucp and cu)
calls on the same line on a specialix multiport board ?
We are having problems and can't seem to get things working correctly.

System Info:   HP Vectra 386-20 / Cache
	       ISC 2.0.2
	       Specialix SI - Download Code Version 1.24

		Telebit Trailblazer modem

We are using the /dev/ttyAn lines and call-in works great, but after a callout
(cu or uucp) the DTR drops and doesnt return.
We are using getty.  Is uugetty needed for this configuration ?  Specialix
provides no seperate call-in and call-out ports like FAS does, (or it is
undocumented ?)

Anyone with success stories or any hints would be appreciated.
Please Email to
	uunet!dptechno!dave

Thanks

--
Dave Lee
uunet!dptechno!dave

jpp@specialix.co.uk (John Pettitt) (11/14/90)

dave@dptechno.uucp (Dave Lee) writes:
>Has anyone had success using a modem for incomming and outgoing (uucp and cu)
>calls on the same line on a specialix multiport board ?

Please contact our support people on (408) 354 4498 (support@specialix.com)
for a driver update as the one you have is very old and contains a number
of modem support bugs.

--
John Pettitt, Specialix International,
Email: jpp@specialix.com Tel +44 (0) 9323 54254 Fax +44 (0) 9323 52781