[comp.unix.sysv386] Directory of Third Party Software

Jerome_V_Vollborn@cup.portal.com (11/19/90)

Does anyone know of a reasonably complete directory of
thrid party software that works on 386ix? I have had
some problems finding packages that on SUN and Apollo
used to take five minutes to find because both SUN and
Apollo published directories of third party offerings
(SUN called their directory Catalyst I think; I've forgotten
the name of Apollo's). Pointers to other SVR3.2 directories
would help if there is none for 386ix.

			Thanks in advance,

			Jerome Vollborn
			( uunet!lci386!jerome or
			  Jerome_V_Vollborn@cup.portal.com )

dougp@ico.isc.com (Doug Pintar) (11/21/90)

In article <36062@cup.portal.com> Jerome_V_Vollborn@cup.portal.com writes:

>Does anyone know of a reasonably complete directory of
>thrid party software that works on 386ix?

ISC publishes an (annual?) catalog known as the
	"Application Catalog for Interactive Unix Systems"
It is ISC Order Number BRO-0011.  I would imagine you could get a copy
from us -- we must print them for SOMEBODY!  :-)
Call ISC at 1-800-346-7111.  I don't know if they charge for the book; it's
about an inch thick, 8" X 10" paperback, and kinda heavy.
DLP