[comp.unix.sysv386] Using WD-Ethernet and SL/IP under IX 2.2

lumpi@dobag.in-berlin.de (Joern Lubkoll) (11/19/90)

Hello,

can anyone help using WD Ethernet-Boards and SL/IP simultaneusly under
Interactive 386ix 2.2.
We-re trying to connect a system via sl/ip to an ethernet-Network and
when sl/ip is configured in /etc/netd.cf the ethernet-connections
are no longer functioning !
Even if sysadm-is told to use sl/ip and wd-ethernet-support, there
is no chance to get it working !

Has anyone any Idea ?

Please E-Mail or post if you consider this question to be interesting
enough for a sufficent number of people !

JL

--
lumpi@dobag   |	lumpi@dobag.in-berlin.de		 | Dobag: An Apple II
J. Lubkoll    |	Dobag Computer Systems, Berlin, Germany  | running UUCP using

jdeitch@jadpc.cts.com (Jim Deitch) (11/21/90)

In article <ATGLF7M@dobag.in-berlin.de> lumpi@dobag.in-berlin.de (Joern Lubkoll) writes:
>Hello,
>
>can anyone help using WD Ethernet-Boards and SL/IP simultaneusly under
>Interactive 386ix 2.2.
>We-re trying to connect a system via sl/ip to an ethernet-Network and
>when sl/ip is configured in /etc/netd.cf the ethernet-connections
>are no longer functioning !
>Even if sysadm-is told to use sl/ip and wd-ethernet-support, there
>is no chance to get it working !
>
>Has anyone any Idea ?
>
>Please E-Mail or post if you consider this question to be interesting
>enough for a sufficent number of people !
>
>JL

I have that same configuration running here just fine.  My only
suggestion is, RTFM all the way through before you try and install it.
Set up the wd first, then the slip.

Jim

--
ARPANET:    jadpc!jdeitch@nosc.mil