[comp.unix.sysv386] 3.2 drivers under V.4

dewey@dell.dell.com (Dewey Coffman) (11/20/90)

In article <1990Nov18.122854.6911@nstar.uucp> larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) writes:
>Has anyone used smart serial port drivers written for Unix
>SysV rel 3.2 under SysV rel 4.0?  We have a computone
>intelliport - and are wondering if our 3.2 drivers will
>run under 4.0?

	I seem to remember that some 3.2 drivers work, but those that
	use some very 3.2 dependent stuff don't link in(like the
	SunRiver driver that uses the V.3.2 Console driver) and others
	will compile in yet PANIC the machine on initialization(like
	the newer V.3.2 Computone Driver, some older versions actually
	worked on some machines).

	We have used and support the Stallion Boards and Computone
	boards. Both Stallion and Computone have V.4 drivers which
	we have integrated into Dell UNIX V.4. Perhaps a phone call to
	Computone (404-475-2725) would yield a diskette with the V.4 driver
	you need.

>Will FAS work under SysV rel 4.0?
	I don't know, maybe Tim Wright in the Dell UK office has tried it?

	dewey
--
	Dewey Coffman
	Dell Computer Corp.

richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) (11/22/90)

That kind of crap in the headers is really not appreciated.  Same result
as /dev/null.

>	We have used and support the Stallion Boards and Computone
>	boards. Both Stallion and Computone have V.4 drivers which
>	we have integrated into Dell UNIX V.4. [...]

What other serial boards does Dell V.4 currently support?

--
Richard Foulk		richard@pegasus.com