[comp.unix.sysv386] Hack for sysV AT&T Linker?

moghe@husc9.harvard.edu (11/19/90)

Does any one know how to up the limit on the
size of the symbol table used by the AT&T linker
(ld) on the Interactive sysV R3.2 platform?

Is there a more flexible linker product available
for the COff objects from independent vendors?
Email responses welcome.

moghe@husc9

price@chakra.unl.edu (Chad Price) (11/26/90)

In <4752@husc6.harvard.edu> moghe@husc9.harvard.edu writes:

>Does any one know how to up the limit on the
>size of the symbol table used by the AT&T linker
>(ld) on the Interactive sysV R3.2 platform?

>Is there a more flexible linker product available
>for the COff objects from independent vendors?
>Email responses welcome.

I presume you are referring to the implementation on the 3B2 machines -
we have been unable to get Vermont Views to compile on the 3B2's while
it compiles no problem on the AT&T 386 Unix ver 3.2. THe problem has been
that Vermont Views needs a larger sysmbol table than the "stock" cc allows.

I understand that the problem is fixed in the compiler that comes with ver 4,
and costs about $500 otherwise.

Chad
price@fergvax.unl.edu