[comp.unix.sysv386] FAS install fails: kconfig

rob@xyzoom.info.com (Rob Lingelbach) (12/01/90)

I'm trying to install FAS 2.07 to allow use of the AST 4 port card, and
the kernel build is failing with the following message (ISC 2.2):

LINE:fas	Y	4	7	1	9	2a0	2bf
0	0

ERROR: Interrupt vector conflict between devices 'fas' and 'fas'

FATAL ERROR: Errors encountered.  Configuration terminated.

The file /etc/conf/cf.d/sdevice has the line as above, and I can't see
anything wrong with it, and the IRQ of 9 doesn't conflict with any
other devices with a 'Y' flag.  The line in sdevice matches the
individual entry in /etc/conf/sdevice.d/fas.

The installation notes for FAS 2.07 mention that the file 's_fas'
should have a separate line in it for each block of *contiguous* port
addresses assigned to the same interrupt vector.  I take that to mean I
only need the one line, since the addresses 2a0 to 2bf are contiguous.

Has anybody run across this kind of problem?
Thanks.

Rob Lingelbach rob@xyzoom.info.com -or- {well-connected}!uunet!xyzoom!rob
KB6CUN   Compuserve: 71101,176
2641 Rinconia Dr L.A. CA 90068   voice: 213 464-6266

hoepfner@usun01.UUCP (Andreas Hoepfner) (12/03/90)

In <150@xyzoom.UUCP> rob@xyzoom.info.com (Rob Lingelbach) writes:

>I'm trying to install FAS 2.07 to allow use of the AST 4 port card, and
>the kernel build is failing with the following message (ISC 2.2):

>LINE:fas	Y	4	7	1	9	2a0	2bf
>0	0

>ERROR: Interrupt vector conflict between devices 'fas' and 'fas'

>The file /etc/conf/cf.d/sdevice has the line as above, and I can't see

 Looks like You have installed the drivers twice ?! Look for a second
 'fas' line in /etc/conf.cf.d/sdevice file....
 I've installed the drivers in two machines without any problems !

 Andreas

 |                   Andreas Hoepfner                                    |
 |     paper mail:                            e-mail:                    |
 | Siemens Nixdorf Informations                                          |
 | Systeme                        USA:  hoepfner.kd@nixdorf.com          |
 | Abt. PU 2222                   !USA: hoepfner.kd@nixdorf.de           |
 | Heinz Nixdorf Ring                                                    |
 | D-4790 Paderborn                                                      |
 | tel.: (+49) 5251 10-7479                                              |

In article <150@xyzoom.UUCP> rob@xyzoom.info.com (Rob Lingelbach) writes:

>I'm trying to install FAS 2.07 to allow use of the AST 4 port card, and
>the kernel build is failing with the following message (ISC 2.2):
>
>LINE:fas	Y	4	7	1	9	2a0	2bf
                                       ^^^^
The problem is associated with field 5.  This field contains a 1 (as in
your case) when each sdevice entry requires a separate interrupt (i.e. does
not share the interrupts).

If FAS2.07 does in fact share interrupts, then you need to set this field
to a 2 or 3.  See sdevice(4) for more info.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170