[comp.unix.sysv386] Intel 4.0: how much disk do I need to install it?

davis@ee.iastate.edu (Jim Davis) (12/07/90)

     I am considering buying Intel's 4.0.  I have heard that it takes about
100Mb of disk for the root+swap.  Is this ture?  Does that include /usr too?
I have two 80Mb drives; does that mean that I won't have enough space to
install 4.0?
     If you have experience installing 4.0, and could comment on the above
problem, I sure would appreciate hearing from you!

"Thanks in advance"

Jim Davis
Iowa State University
davis@isuee1.ee.iastate.edu

In article <davis.660503452@csrg2> davis@ee.iastate.edu (Jim Davis) writes:
>     I am considering buying Intel's 4.0.  I have heard that it takes about
>100Mb of disk for the root+swap.  Is this ture?  Does that include /usr too?
>I have two 80Mb drives; does that mean that I won't have enough space to
>install 4.0?

4.0 (and most, if not all, 3.2s)  will take about 100MB to install the entire
package (including the OS, SDS, X11, X11DS).  Two 80MB drives should hold it
fine (although you might want to install the base system, then add the
second hard drive before installing the rest of the packages).

                                                Sterling, VA 22170