[comp.unix.sysv386] Frame and SCO ODT

fred@cdin-1.UUCP (Fred Rump) (12/12/90)

fred@cdin-1.UUCP (Fred Rump) writes:

>For some time now SCO has been advertising the availability of Frame under
>UNIX.

I may have mis-spoken here. The ads are from FRAME. I'm not sure if I've ever
seen a SCO ad for Frame. But if Frame says that their product is available for
SCO ODT, where is it and who will sell it?

>Nobody seems to know anything about it even if you try to order one.
>And since we were just talking about scuttlebutts, what gives?

Anybody know?

>Someone said here once that SCO won't release Frame until UNIX 3.3 is out.
>Anybody have any scoop?
fred
--
Fred Rump              | Home of Brother John Software
CompuData, Inc.        |

vlr@litwin.com (Vic Rice) (12/14/90)

fred@cdin-1.UUCP (Fred Rump) writes:

>fred@cdin-1.UUCP (Fred Rump) writes:

>>For some time now SCO has been advertising the availability of Frame under
>>UNIX.

>I may have mis-spoken here. The ads are from FRAME. I'm not sure if I've ever
>seen a SCO ad for Frame. But if Frame says that their product is available for
>SCO ODT, where is it and who will sell it?

>>Nobody seems to know anything about it even if you try to order one.
>>And since we were just talking about scuttlebutts, what gives?

>Anybody know?

I have been trying to buy Framemaker for several weeks. Fianlly, my
contact informed me Frame was not releasing Framemaker for ODT until late
1st qtr or 2nd qtr 90. This is due to a serious bug in ODT preventing
Framemaker from being used via Xterminals connected to the ODT box.
So I am purchasing a version of Framemaker for our DECStation 5000, which
is also on the network.
--
Dr. Victor L. Rice
Litwin Process Automation