[comp.unix.sysv386] AST 4-port/XN board with ESIX

bill@unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) (12/13/90)

I just got my AST 4-PORT/XN board, and want to install it on my Esix
system.  I want to continue to use the 2-port generic clone board I have
now, for a total of 6 ports.

If anyone has a similar setup (Esix, AST board, generic 2-port board),
I'd be interested in hearing what you're using for dip switches, and what
you did to configure the board -- it'd probably save me lots of time
playing around with it.

Thanks!

Bill
--
home:	...!{uunet,bloom-beacon,esegue}!world!unixland!bill
	bill@unixland.uucp,  bill%unixland.uucp@world.std.com

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (12/14/90)

bill@unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:

>I just got my AST 4-PORT/XN board, and want to install it on my Esix
>system.  I want to continue to use the 2-port generic clone board I have
>now, for a total of 6 ports.

Does ESIX directly support this board, or are you planning to use
FAS to gain access to the ASY ports?

  {larry@nstar.rn.com, uunet!nstar!larry, larry%nstar@mailrus.cc.umich.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)