[comp.unix.sysv386] ESIX and Stallion 16port I/O card

dgd@kcbbs.gen.nz (David Dix) (12/19/90)

In message: <1990Dec3.083139.1731@bjm.wimsey.bc.ca> brian@bjm.wimsey.bc.ca
(brian) writes:

>I was having a lot of trouble getting the vanilla port to "uucico"
>without alarming!!  I found out (by reading the release notes) that uucp's
>maximum throughput on ESIX's serial driver is no more than 4800 baud!!

Using release C I find that 2400 is about the vanilla port maximum.

I decided to use a Stallion Technologies 16 port intelligent card with the
ISC Unix driver provided. This permits 9600 baud with uucico.
However, the console reports an "ATA internal error 202" on a regular basis
when using uucico. I have four v32 modems connected via the Stallion card
but only when using uucico does this error occur.
Does anyone else use this card with ESIX with v32 modems and get this error?

Also from where can I ftp the FAS2.07 serial driver?

|_/ /\  |~\ |~\ /\   |   |~ | | /~ | (~  Fidonet 3:772/90   dgd@kcbbs.gen.nz