[comp.unix.sysv386] looking for information on the NEC Multisync Graphics Engine

mike@vort.uucp (Mike Nemeth) (12/17/90)

any and all information/plugs/rumors appreciated.

--
Mike Nemeth     Vort Computing   ...calgary!vort!mike
Witt's End BBS  (403) 237-0501   2400/9600bps 9,N,1,"bbs"

john@jwt.UUCP (John Temples) (12/18/90)

In article <1990Dec17.042642.21009@vort.uucp> mike@vort.uucp (Mike Nemeth) writes:
>any and all information/plugs/rumors appreciated.

I think Dell relabels this as their GPX board.  If this is so, maybe
some of the folks from Dell would comment?

I also noticed that the Dell GPX is listed as a supported board under
ISC 2.0.2.  Is it supported under X using the 34010, or just in VGA
mode?
--
John W. Temples -- john@jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)

rfarris@rfengr.com (Rick Farris) (12/19/90)

In article <1990Dec18.034923.29347@jwt.UUCP> john@jwt.UUCP (John Temples) writes:

> I think Dell relabels this as their GPX board.

No, the Dell GPX board is a relabeled Renaissance Rendition
II board.

> I also noticed that the Dell GPX is listed as a supported board under
> ISC 2.0.2.  Is it supported under X using the 34010, or just in VGA
> mode?

Under Dell Unix (a derivative of ISC), the GPX does *great*
X.  I've started up 6 "kaleid" windows, and still had good
performance in an xterm window, with only slight jerkiness.

--
Rick Farris  RF Engineering POB M Del Mar, CA 92014  voice (619) 259-6793
rfarris@rfengr.com     ...!ucsd!serene!rfarris      serenity bbs 259-7757

vgopal@cbnewsc.att.com (venu.p.gopal) (12/20/90)

Does anyone know where to get programming info for this board ?

Venu P. Gopal   UUCP: ..!att!cbnewsc!vgopal   Internet: vgopal@cbnewsc.att.com