[comp.unix.sysv386] replacement login

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (12/24/90)

does anyone have access to a replacement for login?
  {larry@nstar.rn.com, uunet!nstar!larry, larry%nstar@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)

patrick@whistle.kai.com (Patrick Wolfe) (12/27/90)

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:

>does anyone have access to a replacement for login?

anonymously ftp to uunet.uu.net and look in the unix-world directory.  There is
something there you can start with.  I have customized it quite a bit for my
Esix (SVR3) system, and it works quite nicely.

>       Larry Snyder, Northern Star Communications, Notre Dame, IN USA
>  {larry@nstar.rn.com, uunet!nstar!larry, larry%nstar@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}

Ahem...

550 nstar.rn.com (TCP)... 550 Host unknown
554 <larry@nstar.rn.com>... 550 Host unknown (Valid name but no data [address])

	Patrick Wolfe
	Internet:  patrick@whistle.kai.com
	UUCP:      uunet!kailand!whistle!patrick

jpr@jpradley.jpr.com (Jean-Pierre Radley) (12/27/90)

In article <1990Dec26.192115.23329@csrd.uiuc.edu> patrick@whistle.kai.com (Patrick Wolfe) writes:
>larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>
>>does anyone have access to a replacement for login?
>
>anonymously ftp to uunet.uu.net and look in the unix-world directory.  There is
>something there you can start with.  I have customized it quite a bit for my
>Esix (SVR3) system, and it works quite nicely.
>
>>       Larry Snyder, Northern Star Communications, Notre Dame, IN USA
>>  {larry@nstar.rn.com, uunet!nstar!larry, larry%nstar@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}

Patrick Wood also has a replacement login. His entire suite of secure login
stuff is in the LIBraries of CompuServe's UnixForum.

 Jean-Pierre Radley	    NYC Public Unix	jpr@jpr.com	CIS: 72160,1341