[comp.unix.sysv386] tpscript font files do not run with troff ix/386 2.0.2

hot@integow.uucp (Roland van Hout) (01/02/91)

Dear Netlanders,

First I want to wish you all a very happy New Year!
I would like to have a troff on interactive unix 2.0.2 that writes
postscript data, so I got me a copy of tpscript, compiled/installed
it and troff itself crasheson the alw fontfiles.
Is this a known bug of the alw font files or is my makedev wrong
or is my troff broken?
Or should I use something different than tpscript.

Thanx
Roland

--
UUCP: ..!uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!integow!hot	or  hot@integow.UUCP or hot@hot.mug
Roland van Hout, Sr. software engineer, Integrity software consultants,

rcd@ico.isc.com (Dick Dunn) (01/04/91)

hot@integow.uucp (Roland van Hout) writes:
> I would like to have a troff on interactive unix 2.0.2 that writes
> postscript data, so I got me a copy of tpscript, compiled/installed
> it and troff itself crasheson the alw fontfiles.
> Is this a known bug of the alw font files or is my makedev wrong
> or is my troff broken?

I tried building and running tpscript some time ago.  There were some
problems during installation (the installation was set up for BSD install,
which is quite different from Sys V install) but those were minor.  I also
hit a crash, which sounds like van Hout's problem, due to tpscript
attempting to set up more "built-in" fonts than provided for in this
version of ditroff.  (It's a hard-coded limit of 10.)  You can use as many
fonts as you desire, if you reference them by name; you just can't "mount"
them.  Try reducing the number of fonts in DESC.
--
Dick Dunn     rcd@ico.isc.com -or- ico!rcd       Boulder, CO   (303)449-2870
   ...Mr. Natural says, "Use the right tool for the job."