[comp.unix.sysv386] >600MB esdi on ISC2.2? Can it do it?

DeadHead@cup.portal.com (Bruce M Ong) (12/28/90)

Does the ISC2.2 have a limit as to how big an ESDI it can support?
I am trying to install it on a 600MB maxtor and it chokes... has anybody
done this before?

Thanks,

bruce
deadhead@cup.portal.com

In article <37300@cup.portal.com> DeadHead@cup.portal.com (Bruce M Ong) writes:
>Does the ISC2.2 have a limit as to how big an ESDI it can support?
>I am trying to install it on a 600MB maxtor and it chokes... has anybody
>done this before?

We have it running on a pair of CDC Wrens (ESDI, 680(or so)MB formatted) with
no problems.

The questions are:

	What does 'chokes' mean?
	What is the rest of your configuration?
	How do you have the ESDI controller configured?

                                                Sterling, VA 22170

tris@alzabo.uucp (Tris Orendorff) (01/04/91)

DeadHead@cup.portal.com (Bruce M Ong) writes:

>Does the ISC2.2 have a limit as to how big an ESDI it can support?
>I am trying to install it on a 600MB maxtor and it chokes... has anybody
>done this before?

I have a 660 MB Fujitsu with SCO  System V3.2.  I had no problems installing
it.  The trick was to use a DPT caching controller with the drive.  Its
terribly expensive but it looks like a normal controller to the hardware.

--
				Sincerely Yours
				Tris Orendorff

 LADY BRACKNELL:  He seems to have had great confidence in the opinion
                 of his physicians.