[net.ham-radio] Bulletins, Morse Code, and other stuff

kk9w@pur-ee.UUCP (Andersen) (07/03/84)

UB 40

Re:  all of the complaints about the stuff on net.ham-radio

First, yes, I read the bulletins.  Not all are of interest to me,
but I appreciate the service that rjr and the others provide.
Keep them coming, at least they pertain to ham-radio.

Second, won't idiots ever get tired of complaining about the morse
code?  The fcc decided that it will be a fact of life for a while
anyway, so learn to live with that.  And, yes, I do have a key jack
on my 2m radio, and I do use it.

Thirdly, if you want to complain, I vote we get rid of all of the
scanner crap that is on the net.  That's not ham radio.

Sincerely,  Dave

labelle@hplabsc.UUCP (07/06/84)

               Hey Bob, don't listen to the idiots on this net!  I don't
  have a scanner so I don't read those bulletins; but keep 'em comi'n!
   I do read the ARRL bulletins. GREAT!

                    GEORGE   WB6YZZ

parnass@ihuxf.UUCP (Bob Parnass, AJ9S) (07/10/84)

> From: kk9w@pur-ee.UUCP (Andersen)
> Re:  all of the complaints about the stuff on net.ham-radio
> ........if you want to complain, I vote we get rid of all of the
> scanner crap that is on the net.  That's not ham radio.
>
> Sincerely,  Dave

	Okokokokokok, I'm really terribly sorry that you
	don't like the free, scanner-related information we post.

	You're SO right!

	From now on, I PROMISE to try and keep any information
	I have a SECRET, or post it within AT&T newsgroups only!

	Please find it within your merciful heart, however,
	to forgive me if I slip up now and then, and ACCIDENTLY
	share some information with the rest of the world.

	And by all means, keep your constructive suggestions coming!

	I thank you from the heart of my bottom.  :-)

Bob Parnass,  AT&T Bell Laboratories - ihnp4!ihuxf!parnass - (312)979-5414

dgary@ecsvax.UUCP (07/11/84)

<>
If people object to scanner frequencies and similar items in net.ham-radio,
why not create net.swl?

tech@auvax.UUCP (Richard Loken) (07/12/84)

Bob, are you suggesting that you will bow to the demands of a vocal minority
of one?  The western world is indeed governed by lobby.

Richard Loken