[comp.unix.sysv386] How to claim tax writeoff for Unix box?

chris@xorn.gsfc.nasa.gov (01/15/91)

Yow! I'm looking at getting a 386 unix box and am wondering what kinds of
excused I need to write part of it off my taxes. Any ideas, suggestions?
What techniques have you used in the past? What kind of documentation does
one need to maintain, use logs?

TIA!

fmiller@dobie.UUCP (Fred Miller) (01/16/91)

chris@xorn.gsfc.nasa.gov writes:

>Yow! I'm looking at getting a 386 unix box and am wondering what kinds of
>excused I need to write part of it off my taxes. Any ideas, suggestions?
>What techniques have you used in the past? What kind of documentation does
>one need to maintain, use logs?

Normally you will write off the cost of hardware over a 3 to 7 year
period.  I write off "add on" hardware like drives etc. in the year
in which they are purchased.  The *best* answers can be obtained from
a *good* CPA.

						Fred

--
  F&J Enterprises                   |  bluemoon!dobie!fmiller
  International Network Marketing   |  The Common Sense BBS