[net.ham-radio] Code requirements

AWalker@RUTGERS.ARPA (07/07/84)

From:  Hobbit <AWalker@RUTGERS.ARPA>

***
   From: jhs@Mitre-Bedford
   Subject: In support of Morse code requirements.

   It is also in our PERSONAL interest, because knowing the code could (as
   in the case mentioned above) save you own personal life someday.

So could seat belts, but does everyone use them all the time?

   Besides, Morse code is actually FUN, like skiing or ice skating, once
   you stop grumbling and get some proficiency in it.

Like scrubbing floors or repairing door hinges day in, day out?

Gah.

_H*
-------

dgary@ecsvax.UUCP (07/11/84)

>From: AWalker@RUTGERS.ARPA Fri Jul  6 19:23:40 1984
>
>>From: jhs@Mitre-Bedford
>>It is also in our PERSONAL interest, because knowing the code could (as
>>in the case mentioned above) save you own personal life someday.
>
>So could seat belts, but does everyone use them all the time?

So!  The anti-Morse forces are also opposed to seatbelts??  Don't
worry, evolution will take care of YOU!!  :-)

D Gary Grady
Duke University Computation Center, Durham, NC  27706
(919) 684-4146
USENET:  {decvax,ihnp4,akgua,etc.}!mcnc!ecsvax!dgary

NOURSE%DEC-MARLBORO@sri-unix.UUCP (07/17/84)

I know morse code (13 wpm worth, anyway),
I know how to swim,
and I always wear a seatbelt in my car,
and a helmet when riding my motorcycle.

But I do NOT think any of these should be mandatory.
   --------