[comp.unix.sysv386] VGA card and ISC UNIX

lohia@nas.nasa.gov (Shri Lohia) (01/23/91)

I am trying to use a VGA card with ISC Unix. As soon as the unix boots and
writes to the screen, I see some greek characters on the screen.
What is happening, why is it happening, What VGA card I should use?
Where should I look for configuration for the VGA device. What cardwork

I have also tried PARADISE OEM and TRIDENT OEM. I have the same problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

-Shri

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (01/31/91)

lohia@nas.nasa.gov (Shri Lohia) writes:

>I am trying to use a VGA card with ISC Unix. As soon as the unix boots and
>writes to the screen, I see some greek characters on the screen.
>What is happening, why is it happening, What VGA card I should use?
>Where should I look for configuration for the VGA device. What cardwork

What vga card are you using?  We are using ATI VGA wonder
boards here with 386/ix 2.21 without problems (as a matter
of fact - with good, solid results)..

The ATI works fine under Unix, VP/ix and X.

--
   Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287 (HST/PEP/V.32/v.42bis)
                        regional UUCP mapping coordinator