[comp.unix.sysv386] dot graphics on a 6386WGS

gls@odyssey.att.com (Col. G. L. Sicherman) (01/31/91)

Has anybody succeeded in using dot graphics on a 6386WGS?  When I
call KDSETMODE I get EINVAL, and when I call KDMAPDISP I get EACCES.
The board is an EGA.

-:-
	"Hey, Rocky!  Watch me pull a UNIX program out of my
	   source directory!"
	"AGAIN?"
	"Nothin' up my sleeve ... PRESTO!"

		IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
		PROGRAM-ID.  PROCESS-DATA.
		AUTHOR-NAME.  B. J. MOOSE, FROSTBYTE DATA SYS.
		SOURCE-COMPUTER.  IBM-7044.
		OBJECT-COMPUTER.  IBM-7044.
		. . .

	"No doubt about it--I gotta get a new source directory!"
--
Col. G. L. Sicherman
gls@odyssey.att.COM

jprem@cbnewsl.ATT.COM (jeffrey.prem) (02/02/91)

(Sorry, I misplaced the article number, etc.)

   >From: gls@odyssey.att.com (Col. G. L. Sicherman)
   >Subject: dot graphics on a 6386WGS
   >Date: Wed, 30 Jan 91 21:25:45 GMT
   >
   >Has anybody succeeded in using dot graphics on a 6386WGS?  When I
   >call KDSETMODE I get EINVAL, and when I call KDMAPDISP I get EACCES.
   >The board is an EGA.

You need to do a modeswitch ioctl before the KDMAPDISP.  The
modeswitch values are defined in "/usr/include/sys/kd.h" and begin
with "SW_".

Have fun,
Jeff
--
Jeff Prem (jprem@attunix.att.com)
OS Desktop Development Group

edw@wells.UUCP (Ed Wells) (02/02/91)

In article <1991Jan30.212545.2326@cbnewsh.att.com> writes:

> 	"Hey, Rocky!  Watch me pull a UNIX program out of my
> 	   source directory!"
> 	"AGAIN?"
> 	"Nothin' up my sleeve ... PRESTO!"
>
> 		IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
> 		PROGRAM-ID.  PROCESS-DATA.
> 		AUTHOR-NAME.  B. J. MOOSE, FROSTBYTE DATA SYS.
> 		SOURCE-COMPUTER.  IBM-7044.
> 		OBJECT-COMPUTER.  IBM-7044.
> 		. . .
> 	"No doubt about it--I gotta get a new source directory!"

  What?  This isn't a Unix program....this is a short story!!!  :-)

Edward E. Wells Jr., N3IAS, President		    Voice: (215)-943-6061
Wells Computer Systems Corp., Box 343, Levittown, Pa. 19058
{dsinc,francis,hotps,houxl,lgnp1,mdi386,pebco}!wells!edw