[comp.unix.sysv386] Roell's X with ATI card?

hanu@tampella.tampella.fi (Hannu Mikkola) (02/03/91)

The subject says it all: I'd like to run Roell's X11R4 on my
ATI Vga Wonder (512K) card. The card is not supported on the initial
release, and I'd like to know if anybody has done something about it
already, or should I try...

Hannu Mikkola
hanu@tampella.fi

--
		      and not content with that
		   with our hands behind our backs

fortin@zap.uucp (Denis Fortin) (02/04/91)

In <HANU.91Feb3035915@tampella.tampella.fi> hanu@tampella.tampella.fi (Hannu Mikkola) writes:
>The subject says it all: I'd like to run Roell's X11R4 on my
>ATI Vga Wonder (512K) card. The card is not supported on the initial
>release, and I'd like to know if anybody has done something about it
>already, or should I try...

I am going to do the port just as soon as the silly folks at ATI can
ship me the "VGA Wonder Programmers Reference Manual" (or something
similar), which I have ordered (and paid for) in early January but
has been back ordered since!

I'll keep everybody on comp.unix.sysv386 (and Thomas) posted as soon as
I get it to work...
--
Denis Fortin, DMR Group Inc, (514) 877-3301 (All of these opinions are my own)
fortin@zap.uucp   uunet!sobeco!zap!fortin   fortin%zap@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu