[comp.unix.sysv386] Help With Roell's X11R4

egert@cs.Buffalo.EDU (christophe a egert) (02/07/91)

I was wondering if anyone out there had a revised copy of Roell's server
that might possibly work with an ATI Wondercard.  (I assume this has
the Paradise chip set, which with the last X11 dist. did not work right.)

							- Chris
							egert@cs.Buffalo.EDU

fangchin@portia.Stanford.EDU (Chin Fang) (02/07/91)

In article <1991Feb6.142136@cs.Buffalo.EDU> egert@cs.Buffalo.EDU (christophe a egert) writes:

>I was wondering if anyone out there had a revised copy of Roell's server
>that might possibly work with an ATI Wondercard.  (I assume this has
>the Paradise chip set, which with the last X11 dist. did not work right.)

NO! no! no!  ATI always developes it's own chip set, and sometimes OEMs
it to others.  I believe someone is working on ATI chip set support but you
have to wait.

ATI also has a newer chip set like Tseng's ET4000, ie. capable of supporting
one meg vedio ram. (They may not compatible with each other at hardware level,
however).

Paradise, I think, has been sold by Western Digital to Packard Bell not long
ago.

Cheers,

Chin Fang
Mechanical Engineering Dept.