[comp.unix.sysv386] Looking for tcsh binary for sysv386

dawes@suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU (David Dawes) (02/04/91)

I'm trying to locate a tcsh binary for sysV/386r3.2 (preferable via
anonymous ftp if possible).

Thanks for any help.

David
 David Dawes (dawes@suphys.physics.su.oz.au) DoD#210   | Phone: +612 692 2639
 School of Physics, University of Sydney, Australia    | Fax:   +612 660 2903

src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de (Heiko Blume) (02/07/91)

dawes@suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU (David Dawes) writes:

>I'm trying to locate a tcsh binary for sysV/386r3.2 (preferable via
>anonymous ftp if possible).

well, *what* sysV ?? for interactive's, release 2.2.1, there is now
a binary available from tesla.ee.cornell.edu using anonymous ftp
(pub/tcsh-5.20/bins-5.20.02/tcsh.i386-isc2.1.1.Z, tho that name not
correct, it *is* for isc 2.2.1. i will send a mail to Christos
about this), as well as from my machine with anonymous uucp
(/src/bin/tcsh) or guest login (/bin/tcsh).

those binaries are identical, and were compiled with gcc and job
control enabled.
--
      Heiko Blume <-+-> src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93
                    public source archive [HST V.42bis]:

dawes@suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU (David Dawes) (02/07/91)

In article <1991Feb06.215505.3141@scuzzy.in-berlin.de> src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de (Heiko Blume) writes:
>dawes@suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU (David Dawes) writes:
>
>>I'm trying to locate a tcsh binary for sysV/386r3.2 (preferable via
>>anonymous ftp if possible).
>
>well, *what* sysV ??

I'm running Esix 5.3.2 rev D.  I already tried the isc binary, and it
doesn't work (not suprising if isc has job control and esix doesn't).
I've been able to locate a couple of 5.12 versions which seem to run
OK on my system.  I would still like to find a 5.20.* version that will
work with Esix though.

If anyone else is interested, I've put the versions I've found so far
on suphys.physics.su.oz.au for anonymous ftp (in tcsh/ ).

randy@chinet.chi.il.us (Randy Suess) (02/08/91)

In article <1991Feb7.084707.20278@metro.ucc.su.OZ.AU> dawes@suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU (David Dawes) writes:
>I'm running Esix 5.3.2 rev D.  I already tried the isc binary, and it
>doesn't work (not suprising if isc has job control and esix doesn't).

	I downloaded it, and installed it on an AT&T SYSVr3.2.3 system
	running on an AT&T 6386E/33 with no problems.  Yes, it comes
	up and says there is no job control, but after that, it just
	continues on running just fine.  I am pretty sure Esix UNIX
	is pretty much identical to AT&T UNIX, unlike ISC.
	BTW, it works great with job control under ISC 2.2.

--
Randy Suess
randy@chinet.chi.il.us

dawes@suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU (David Dawes) (02/09/91)

In article <1991Feb08.152025.23908@chinet.chi.il.us> randy@chinet.chi.il.us (Randy Suess) writes:
>In article <1991Feb7.084707.20278@metro.ucc.su.OZ.AU> dawes@suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU (David Dawes) writes:
>>I'm running Esix 5.3.2 rev D.  I already tried the isc binary, and it
>>doesn't work (not suprising if isc has job control and esix doesn't).
>
>	I downloaded it, and installed it on an AT&T SYSVr3.2.3 system
>	running on an AT&T 6386E/33 with no problems.  Yes, it comes
>	up and says there is no job control, but after that, it just
>	continues on running just fine.  I am pretty sure Esix UNIX
>	is pretty much identical to AT&T UNIX, unlike ISC.
>	BTW, it works great with job control under ISC 2.2.

Well, I *did* try it.  It starts up OK (apart from the warning about no
job control), but when I type in a command, it exec's it then dumps core
because of a "Bad system call".