[comp.unix.sysv386] Esix and Colorado Memory Systems "Jumbo" tapedrive

jkb@ms.uky.edu (Keith Burton) (02/10/91)

I have a Colorado Memory Systems "Jumbo" 1/4 inch tape drive I'd like to use
with Esix 3.2D.  I loaded the 1/4 inch streaming tape driver, but it wants
some information I don't have, such as address and IRQ number.

The tapedrive I have connects to a very simple looking interface card, which is
in turn connected to my floppy controller.  The documentation was totally non-
technical, so wasn't any help.

If anyone can lend a hand, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks,
Keith Burton

martin@saturn.uucp (Martin J. Schedlbauer) (02/12/91)

In article <1991Feb9.191226.15362@ms.uky.edu> jkb@ms.uky.edu (Keith Burton) writes:
>I have a Colorado Memory Systems "Jumbo" 1/4 inch tape drive I'd like to use
>with Esix 3.2D.  I loaded the 1/4 inch streaming tape driver, but it wants
>some information I don't have, such as address and IRQ number.

This is NOT a 1/4" tape drive. It's probably the Jumbo+ using DC2000 or
DC2010 tapes. Unfortunately this unit won't work with Esix using stock
drivers. Maybe somebody has one for Esix?

There is no IRQ and address, as it uses the same as the floppy controller,
that being the reason for a cable from the J10 controller to the floppy
controller. I used to have one of those and quickly upgraded to a 60MB
Everex Streamer.

	...Martin

Martin J. Schedlbauer	| martin@saturn.UUCP	| ...!ulowell!saturn!martin
8 Gilman Road		| mschedlb@ulowell.edu	| ...!uunet!wang!saturn!martin
Billerica, MA 01862 USA	| CIS: 76675, 3364	| /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\