[comp.unix.sysv386] Anyone stateside have latest X11R4 Roell version?

sbw@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Steve Wampler) (02/13/91)

Has anyone this side of the Atlantic picked up Tom's latest
version for X11R4?  I've been trying for three days,
unsuccessfully.  If you have it in an ftp'able site, please
let me know.  (I'm also willing to make it available from here,
if I can just get it!)

Thanks!
--
	Steve Wampler
	{....!arizona!naucse!sbw}

roeber@cithe1.cithep.caltech.edu (Frederick Roeber) (02/14/91)

In article <3322@naucse.cse.nau.edu>, sbw@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Steve Wampler) writes:
> Has anyone this side of the Atlantic picked up Tom's latest
> version for X11R4?  I've been trying for three days,
> unsuccessfully.  If you have it in an ftp'able site, please
> let me know.  (I'm also willing to make it available from here,
> if I can just get it!)

I don't think the problem is the transatlantic bit -- I've been trying from
Switzerland, only to get ~100 bytes/sec links which almost cerntainly fail.
Once I get it here, I can pop it to the US no problem, and I'll ask the
folks at Caltech to put it on aftp, and/or I'll contact you about putting
it on your machines.
--
| Frederick G. M. Roeber | CERN -- European Center for Nuclear Research |
| e-mail: roeber@caltech.edu or roeber@cern.ch | work: +41 22 767 31 80 |

darrylo@hpnmdla.HP.COM (Darryl Okahata) (02/15/91)

In comp.unix.sysv386, sbw@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Steve Wampler) writes:

> Has anyone this side of the Atlantic picked up Tom's latest
> version for X11R4?  I've been trying for three days,
> unsuccessfully.  If you have it in an ftp'able site, please
> let me know.  (I'm also willing to make it available from here,
> if I can just get it!)

     I've got everything *BUT* the last two parts of "X11R4core.tar.Z"
(parts "X11R4core.tar.Z.an" and "X11R4core.tar.Z.ao").  If anyone has
these last two parts (doubtful), we can complete the set.

     Looking through what I have, I see that Thomas Roell has outdid
himself.  Not only does he include on-line man pages, but the
distribution also contains xfig, gwm, xmahjongg, xtetris, and other
goodies.  The only "useful" things (IMHO ;-) that seem to be missing are
vtwm and tvtwm.

     -- Darryl Okahata
	UUCP: {hplabs!, hpcea!, hpfcla!} hpnmd!darrylo
	Internet: darrylo%hpnmd@hp-sde.sde.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion or policy of Hewlett-Packard or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.