[comp.unix.sysv386] Chances are better than zero ...

wengland@stephsf.stephsf.com (Bill England) (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb10.214423.1242@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us> mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (Marc Unangst) writes:

>Bash is also GNUware, which means the chances of SCO distributing it
>are little to none.

  Maybe, although SCO does distribute binaries for B-News and rn for
  compiled for their systems.  While not technically GNU this software
  is still 'Free' and falls into a similar catagory.

--
 +-  Bill England,  wengland@stephsf.COM -----------------------------------+
 |   * *      H -> He +24Mev                                                |

klm@gozer.UUCP (Kevin L. McBride) (02/18/91)

In article <484@stephsf.stephsf.com> wengland@stephsf.stephsf.com (Bill England) writes:
>In article <1991Feb10.214423.1242@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us> mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (Marc Unangst) writes:
>>Bash is also GNUware, which means the chances of SCO distributing it
>>are little to none.
>  Maybe, although SCO does distribute binaries for B-News and rn for
>  compiled for their systems.  While not technically GNU this software
>  is still 'Free' and falls into a similar catagory.

Stranger things have happened.  I was rather surprised to find out
that IBM, yes, IBM ships Gnu Emacs with AIX for the RS/6000.  I mean,
"Free Software from IBM" always used to be an oxymoron.

--
Kevin