[comp.unix.sysv386] IBM 8507 display

ron@mlfarm.com (Ronald Florence) (02/16/91)

I'd appreciate information or recommendations of a VGA board to use
with an IBM 8507 monochrome display for X-windows.  The display is
capable of 1024 x 768 resolution when used with a 8514A display
adapter, using a 35.5 KHz horixontal scan frequency (interlaced at
43.5 Hz vertical refresh rate).  The display is quite large (19 inches
diagonal).

Do any X-Windows servers support the 8514A display adapter?  Are there
any other VGA boards that would produce 1024 x 768 resolution with
this display?

Thanks.
--

Ronald Florence			ron@mlfarm.com

rick@helix.nih.gov (Rick Troxel) (02/21/91)

In article <754@mlfarm.com> ron@mlfarm.com (Ronald Florence) writes:

   Do any X-Windows servers support the 8514A display adapter?  Are there
   any other VGA boards that would produce 1024 x 768 resolution with
   this display?

The new version of PC-Xview, from GSS, is advertised to do this.  (I'm
still waiting for my update to arrive.)

Contact	Graphic Software Systems
	9590 SW Gemini Drive
	P.O. Box 4900
	Beaverton, OR  97005
	619/450-0611
--
Rick Troxel       | All effort and exertion put forth by man from the fullness
rick@helix.nih.gov| of his heart is worship, if it is prompted by the highest

rob@xyzoom.info.com (Rob Lingelbach) (02/24/91)

In article <RICK.91Feb21103143@helix.nih.gov> rick@helix.nih.gov (Richard Troxel) writes:
>In article <754@mlfarm.com> ron@mlfarm.com (Ronald Florence) writes:
>
>   Do any X-Windows servers support the 8514A display adapter?  Are there
>   any other VGA boards that would produce 1024 x 768 resolution with
>   this display?

ISC's X11 supports both the 8514A and several VGA boards with 1024x768,
including the STB Powergraph at 1024x768 noninterlaced.

[this is by no means an endorsement]

Rob Lingelbach rob@xyzoom.info.com -or- {well-connected}!uunet!xyzoom!rob
KB6CUN   Compuserve: 71101,176
2641 Rinconia Dr L.A. CA 90068   voice: 213 464-6266
--------"'Tis pride that pulls the country down" (Shakespeare)-------