[comp.unix.sysv386] OK Someone find a good UNIX for me

mwizard@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Craig Nelson) (02/24/91)

	Hello UNIX programmers,

	I recently upgraded from an IBM XT to a 386/25 with 4 megs ram and
65 meg hard drive.  Will someone out there please give me some advice on
a UNIX OS I should get for the system,.  Doesn't really have to be Sys/V
and in fact I would prefer that it wouldn't be.  I would like to find the
closest thing to USB 4.3 UNIX that is avialable for the 386 family.  Anyone
out there got any ideas ?

	send mail to me, I learned to read the other day and need to
	practice.

	Craig (mwizard@eecs.ee.pdx.edu)

mwizard@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Craig Nelson) (02/25/91)

	For all who suggested Mach/386 to me fo a UNIX type OS with a close
syntax to USB 4.3 ,  thankyou.  Now would someone out there please tell me where
I can get it ?

	Craig (mwizard@ecs.ee.pdx.edu)

fred@compu.com (Fred Rump) (02/28/91)

mwizard@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Craig Nelson) writes:

        .>	I recently upgraded from an IBM XT to a 386/25 with 4 megs ram and
>65 meg hard drive.  Will someone out there please give me some advice on
>a UNIX OS I should get for the system,.  Doesn't really have to be Sys/V
>and in fact I would prefer that it wouldn't be.  I would like to find the
>closest thing to USB 4.3 UNIX that is avialable for the 386 family.  Anyone
>out there got any ideas ?

        Didn't the mach bsd 386 system just appear in comp.new.products
        from Mt Xinu?

        I think you should contact them for your BSD type systems
        software

        fred
--
Fred Rump              | Home of Brother John Software
CompuData, Inc.        | SCO Advanced Product Center

rheiger@chvax.uucp (Eiger Richard) (02/28/91)

In article <1753@pdxgate.UUCP> mwizard@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Craig Nelson) writes:

>	For all who suggested Mach/386 to me fo a UNIX type OS with a close
>syntax to USB 4.3 ,  thankyou.  Now would someone out there please tell me where
>I can get it ?
>
>	Craig (mwizard@ecs.ee.pdx.edu)
Me, too, pleeeease, thanks
	Richard (rheiger@chvax.ch ?= chvax!rheiger@uunet.uu.net)

jon@mtxinu.COM (jon hale) (03/01/91)

In article <1751@pdxgate.UUCP:  mwizard@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Craig Nelson) writes:
:
: 	I recently upgraded from an IBM XT to a 386/25 with 4 megs ram and
: 65 meg hard drive.  Will someone out there please give me some advice on
: a UNIX OS I should get for the system,.  Doesn't really have to be Sys/V
: and in fact I would prefer that it wouldn't be.  I would like to find the
: closest thing to USB 4.3 UNIX that is avialable for the 386 family.  Anyone
: out there got any ideas ?

Mt Xinu offers Mach386, which provides full BSD4.3 support (as well as
Mach) please see our recent posting in comp.newprod. (I will also
email you information, so that this posting doesn't start sounding
too much like a commercial.)
- jon
(jon@mtxinu.com)