[comp.unix.sysv386] THANKS! 14 char limit in filenames

arm@sps.com (Annette Myjak) (01/30/91)

THANKS to all the folks who responded to my question concerning the
length of filenames in 386 unices.

My apologies for the 11+3 goof . . . I've been DOS'ing too much of late
 . . . silly me!

I'll pass on the responses to those here who are suffering mightly
over this limitation in SV.3.2  (SV.4 in April from Interactive, huh?
Guess they'll just have to be patient.)

thanks again!

annette myjak
arm@sps.com

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (03/03/91)

arm@sps.com (Annette Myjak) writes:

>I'll pass on the responses to those here who are suffering mightly
>over this limitation in SV.3.2  (SV.4 in April from Interactive, huh?
>Guess they'll just have to be patient.)

We currently have Intel release 2.0 of SYSVR4 -

does anyone have any idea what the upgrade to Interactive SV4 will be?

--
   Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287 (HST/PEP/V.32/v.42bis)
                        regional UUCP mapping coordinator