[comp.unix.sysv386] slip for sysv386 unix

epc1@ra.MsState.Edu (Ellis P. Carter Jr.) (03/03/91)

domain for sysv386, I got no good information other than it comes with
ISC unix v2.2.  I hope this helps.

Ellis P. Carter Jr.
epc1@ra.msstate.edu

dennis@nebulus.ampr.org (Dennis S. Breckenridge) (03/03/91)

epc1@ra.MsState.Edu (Ellis P. Carter Jr.) writes:

>domain for sysv386, I got no good information other than it comes with
>ISC unix v2.2.  I hope this helps.

Try to ftp nos or net from flash.bellcore.com.  I use it here under
AT&T SVr3.2.2 and have three separate slip ports running. It's PD
to ham radio operators. It provides much more than just a slip interface.

          Dennis S. Breckenridge VE7TCP [44.135.160.59]  dennis@nebulus
              IP in a landline snail mail's world!

tkevans@fallst.UUCP (Tim Evans) (03/03/91)

In <1123@ra.MsState.Edu> epc1@ra.MsState.Edu (Ellis P. Carter Jr.) writes:

>domain for sysv386, I got no good information other than it comes with
>ISC unix v2.2.  I hope this helps.

You have to buy the networking add-on package ($495).  This is the same for
SCO as well, but ESIX includes networking (including SLIP) in the bundle.
--
UUCP:		{rutgers|ames|uunet}!mimsy!woodb!fallst!tkevans
INTERNET:	tkevans%fallst@wb3ffv.ampr.org

aras@falcon.no (Arne Asplem) (03/06/91)

tkevans@fallst.UUCP (Tim Evans) writes:

>In <1123@ra.MsState.Edu> epc1@ra.MsState.Edu (Ellis P. Carter Jr.) writes:

>>domain for sysv386, I got no good information other than it comes with
>>ISC unix v2.2.  I hope this helps.

>You have to buy the networking add-on package ($495).  This is the same for
>SCO as well, but ESIX includes networking (including SLIP) in the bundle.

I think someone posted a public doamin SLIP implementation on the net some
time ago - at least I received a STREAMS based implementation for ICS. I
think I still have it somewhere. I can e-mail it if you want.
  -- Arne

--
Arne Asplem                       Address: Falcon  Information  Services A/S
                                           Stranden 1, N-0250 Oslo 2, Norway