[comp.unix.sysv386] a questions re vpix and a question re perstor controllers

gt3408a@prism.gatech.EDU (DYKES,DAVID PRESTON) (03/20/91)

Greetings!

	 I have recently tried running vp/ix (under ESIX) on a noname
386sx-20 box.  Everything seems to go well, until I try to run a unix
command from the dos prompt or, more importantly, when I try to quit.
At this point everything vp/ix hangs the machine, no vt switching, no
alt-sys-req, nothing but the little red button works at this point.
	I would greatly appreciate any clues as to what may cause this.

	Question number two...  Do any of ya'll have any experience with
Perstor controllers and a 386 Unix?   Good, bad ugly?  As a dirt poor
student these controllers sound to good to be true.
		-Thanks in Advance
		-Dave
--
DYKES,DAVID PRESTON
uucp: ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!gt3408a

emanuele@overlf.UUCP (Mark A. Emanuele) (03/23/91)

In article <24725@hydra.gatech.EDU>, gt3408a@prism.gatech.EDU (DYKES,DAVID PRESTON) writes:

> 	Question number two...  Do any of ya'll have any experience with
> Perstor controllers and a 386 Unix?   Good, bad ugly?  As a dirt poor
> student these controllers sound to good to be true.

I am currently using one on this system. I have a Priam ID-130 that
formats to 290 MB and a microscience hh-1090 which gives me 140 MB.
no trouble, but I would call perstor and speak to ted buck and explain
what you intend to do. There are a few things to watch out for.

--
Mark A. Emanuele
V.P. Engineering  Overleaf, Inc.