[comp.unix.sysv386] More about CTL-S under SCO

evan@cuff.uucp (Evan B. Ross) (04/19/91)

I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with SCO Tech Support because their
Telnet and Rlogin programs do not pass Ctl-S transparently. The conversation
finally got to:

SCO:	"you can't do it".

Me:	"So it's a bug?"

SCO:	"No it's not a bug. A bug is when the software doesn't meet the spec"

Me:	"So it was spec'ed incorrectly?"

SCO:	"No, that's the way it was spec'ed to be"

Me:	"But it doesn't work correctly"

SCO:	"Yes it does. That's the way it was spec'ed"

Alas...
--
  There's sparks a comin' outa' my head!!!

	Evan B. Ross		cuff!evan@think.com
	DMR, Wellesley MA

jim@segue.segue.com (Jim Balter) (04/21/91)

In article <1991Apr18.185812.11915@cuff.uucp> evan@cuff.uucp (Evan B. Ross) writes:
>Me:	"So it was spec'ed incorrectly?"
>
>SCO:	"No, that's the way it was spec'ed to be"

Non sequitur.

In article <1991Apr18.185812.11915@cuff.uucp> evan@cuff.uucp (Evan B. Ross) writes:
> Me:	"So it was spec'ed incorrectly?"

> SCO:	"No, that's the way it was spec'ed to be"

Sounds like me and intel working over the B0 problem, but at least with intel
I have the techies on my side. They just don't have the authorization to fix
it unless they can convince their managers that the spec is wrong.

So, keep those letters coming...
--
Peter da Silva.  `-_-'  peter@ferranti.com