[comp.unix.sysv386] Multiport I/O cards: for which cards is driver source available?

mah@dec1.wu-wien.ac.at (Michael Haberler) (04/18/91)

As far as I can tell, most intelligent cards come with object files for
usual operating Systems.

I'm looking for an intelligent card which comes with example drivers in source,
or at least a decent Programmer's reference manual. Reason: writing drivers
for non-standard operating environments line NOS KA9Q.

Is there such an animal?

thank,
-michael

chip@chinacat.Unicom.COM (Chip Rosenthal) (04/26/91)

In article <1991Apr18.090925.26449@nestroy.wu-wien.ac.at>
	mah@nestroy.wu-wien.ac.at writes:
>I'm looking for an intelligent card which comes with example drivers in source,
>or at least a decent Programmer's reference manual.

Last I saw, the Digiboard cards had technical documentation available
to allow you to work directly with the card.  They might have also
had some sample code, but my memory is hazy on that one.  This was
all available through their BBS at 1-612-922-5604.  However, you might
need to get authorizations in order to rummage around in some of the
areas which contain code for the products.

--
Chip Rosenthal  512-482-8260  |
Unicom Systems Development    |    I saw Elvis in my wtmp file.

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (04/28/91)

chip@chinacat.Unicom.COM (Chip Rosenthal) writes:

>Last I saw, the Digiboard cards had technical documentation available
>to allow you to work directly with the card.  They might have also
>had some sample code, but my memory is hazy on that one.  This was

the austin codeworks (or maybe greenleaf functions) support the
Digiboard products - with complete souce code to access the ports

--
      Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287/317-251-7391
                         HST/PEP/V.32/v.32bis/v.42bis

jpp@specialix.co.uk (John Pettitt) (04/29/91)

mah@dec1.wu-wien.ac.at (Michael Haberler) writes:
>I'm looking for an intelligent card which comes with example drivers in source,
>or at least a decent Programmer's reference manual. Reason: writing drivers
>for non-standard operating environments line NOS KA9Q.

>Is there such an animal?

>thank,
>-michael

Yes - Specialix SI cards have source available (ask for a tech ref manual
and developers kit).   The SI Developers Kit includes source for the MSDOS
(*86 assembler) and *IX (`C') drivers.

--
John Pettitt, Specialix International,
Email: jpp@specialix.com Tel +44 (0) 9323 54254 Fax +44 (0) 9323 52781