[comp.unix.sysv386] SLIP for a DOS machine

jbayer@ispi.COM (Jonathan Bayer) (05/05/91)

Is there any software that will allow a DOS system to have access
to a Unix box which has SLIP?

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 248-1853		37 Winthrop Rd.

skcm@echo.canberra.edu.au (Carl Makin) (05/05/91)

In <2164@ispi.COM> jbayer@ispi.COM (Jonathan Bayer) writes:

>Is there any software that will allow a DOS system to have access
>to a Unix box which has SLIP?

Buckets. :-)  NCSA Telnet I believe will do it.  I tend to use KA9Q NOS
though. Available from thumper.bellcore.com /pub/ka9q.

Carl.

rbraun@spdcc.COM (Rich Braun) (05/07/91)

Try CUTCP with the Clarkson packet driver, all available from sun.soe.
clarkson.edu via anonymous ftp.  I use CUTCP and am quite happy with it
(it's a more featureful derivative of NCSA Telenet).

-rich