[comp.unix.sysv386] Looking for Weitek coprocessor compiler support

haugen@bulus3bma.com (John M. Haugen) (05/07/91)

I am looking for a compiler that supports the Weitek coprocessor.  I am
currently running ISC 2.2.1.  I am aware the LPI fortran supports the Weitek.
But I was wondering what other companies support this coprocessor.

I am looking for both a fortran and C compiler.  This is so I can run the Spec
benchmarks on this machine.

John M. Haugen                 |    Domain:  haugen@bma.com
Bull Micral of America         |    UUCP:    ...!{umn-cs,uunet}!bulus3!haugen
900 Long Lake Road             |    ATT:     1-612-633-5660
New Brighton, MN  55112-6400   |

haugen@bulus3bma.com (John M. Haugen) writes:

>I am looking for both a fortran and C compiler.  This is so I can run the Spec
>benchmarks on this machine.

MicroWay has the NDP line of compilers which support the weitek.

508-746-7341

--
Conor P. Cahill            (703)430-9247        Virtual Technologies, Inc.
                                                Sterling, VA 22170

sblair@upurbmw.dell.com (Steve Blair) (05/07/91)

When customers ask about this, we usually refer them to either
LPI, or to OASYS, which makes a ton of compilers, libraries,
pre-processors, etc for Weitek co-pro's. Oasys can be reached
as:

		Oasys Inc.
		230 Second Avenue
		Waltham MA 02154
		(617)-890-7889

We have no *association* with Oasys, or LPI, other than we refer customers to them(who in turn, we understand(are quite happy))....

--
Steve Blair	DELL	UNIX	DIVISION sblair@upurbmw.dell.com

vlr@litwin.com (Vic Rice) (05/08/91)

In <1732@bulus3bma.com> haugen@bulus3bma.com (John M. Haugen) writes:

>I am looking for a compiler that supports the Weitek coprocessor.  I am
>currently running ISC 2.2.1.  I am aware the LPI fortran supports the Weitek.
>But I was wondering what other companies support this coprocessor.

>I am looking for both a fortran and C compiler.  This is so I can run the Spec
>benchmarks on this machine.

Both the fortran and C compilers from Microway support the Weitek coprocessor.
We have been using them for about 2 years under SCO ODT with no major
complaints.
--
Dr. Victor L. Rice
Litwin Process Automation