[comp.unix.sysv386] X terminals for System V

brs@cis.ufl.edu (Ray Seyfarth) (05/04/91)

I am considering adding an X terminal (possibly NCD) to an ESIX 5.3.2D
system.  I would like to know several things:

1.  Will X11R3 from ESIX support X terminals?

2.  Will Roell's X11R4 support X terminals?

3.  Does ESIX 5.4 support X terminals?  (I might upgrade.)

4.  Does DELL 5.4 support X terminals?  (I might upgrade.)

5.  Are there other inexpensive color X terminals to consider?

This will be a university purchase and educational discounts are expected.

Thanks,

Ray Seyfarth (brs@reef.cis.ufl.edu)

jde@everex.uucp (-Jeff Ellis()) (05/06/91)

In article <28393@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> brs@cis.ufl.edu (Ray Seyfarth) writes:
>I am considering adding an X terminal (possibly NCD) to an ESIX 5.3.2D
>system.  I would like to know several things:
>
>1.  Will X11R3 from ESIX support X terminals?

We have tried it with both color and b&w NCD X terminals with no problems.

>3.  Does ESIX 5.4 support X terminals?  (I might upgrade.)

We have tried a b&w NCD X terminal with this....

--
Jeff Ellis		ESIX SYSTEM/V
                        UUCP:uunet!zardoz!everex!jde

pozar@kumr.lns.com (Tim Pozar) (05/09/91)

In article <28393@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> brs@cis.ufl.edu (Ray Seyfarth) writes:
>I am considering adding an X terminal (possibly NCD) to an ESIX 5.3.2D
>system.  I would like to know several things:
>3.  Does ESIX 5.4 support X terminals?  (I might upgrade.)

   FYI...

   Although not a X terminal, I have run MaxX (X window server for
the Macintosh's OS with ESIX's SysV 3.2D.

                      Tim

--
       pozar@lns.com  Fido: 1:125/555  PaBell: 415-788-3904
    USNail:  KKSF-FM / 77 Maiden Lane /  San Francisco CA 94108