[comp.unix.sysv386] Microsoft Compatable Mice and SVR4

dave@jato.jpl.nasa.gov (Dave Hayes) (05/09/91)

So does anyone know if it is possible to use a Microsoft compatable mouse
in SVR4 on a serial line?

I'm told the standard AT&T stuff doesn't support it. Is this true? Is there
a device driver floating around out there somewhere?

--
Dave Hayes - Network & Communications Engineering - JPL / NASA - Pasadena CA
dave@elxr.jpl.nasa.gov       dave@jato.jpl.nasa.gov           ames!elroy!dxh

From your first day at school you are cut off from life to make theories

dewey@dell.dell.com (Dewey Coffman) (05/09/91)

In article <1991May8.175704.2055@jato.jpl.nasa.gov> dave@jato.jpl.nasa.gov writes:
>So does anyone know if it is possible to use a Microsoft compatable mouse
>in SVR4 on a serial line?
>
>I'm told the standard AT&T stuff doesn't support it. Is this true? Is there
>a device driver floating around out there somewhere?

Microsoft mice work fine on Dell UNIX V.4. We added support for some PS/2
integrated mice, but I believe the Microsoft mouse/mice support was already
there.

dewey
--
	Dewey Coffman
	UUCP: dell!sooner!dewey, cs.utexas.edu!dell!sooner!dewey

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (05/09/91)

dave@jato.jpl.nasa.gov (Dave Hayes) writes:

>So does anyone know if it is possible to use a Microsoft compatable mouse
>in SVR4 on a serial line?

Yes - with Dell SVR4

--
      Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287/317-251-7391
                         HST/PEP/V.32/v.32bis/v.42bis

jlitvin@morticia.intel.com (John Litvin ~) (05/09/91)

>   >So does anyone know if it is possible to use a Microsoft compatable mouse
>   >in SVR4 on a serial line?

>   Yes - with Dell SVR4

This isn't unique to Dell.  All vendor's ports of SVR4 should support 3
different types of rodents: Logitech bus mouse, Logitech serial mouse or
PS/2 compatible mouse.

(I assume that the Logitech and Microsoft mice are compatible?)

John Litvin
Intel Corp.
jlitvin@morticia.intel.com

lothar@tmcsys.UUCP (L. Hirschbiegel) (05/10/91)

In article <1991May09.133834.12814@nstar.rn.com> larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>dave@jato.jpl.nasa.gov (Dave Hayes) writes:
>
>>So does anyone know if it is possible to use a Microsoft compatable mouse
>>in SVR4 on a serial line?
>
>Yes - with Dell SVR4
>
>--
>      Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287/317-251-7391

No - with AT&T SVR4. I've tried diffent mouse types, but now way... :-(
They insist on a Logitech C9 mouse.

L. Hirschbiegel, AEG - A84, Frankfurt (Germany)
email: unido!aega84!lh     tel: -49-69-66414316

roell@informatik.tu-muenchen.de (Thomas Roell) (05/13/91)

>No - with AT&T SVR4. I've tried diffent mouse types, but now way... :-(
>They insist on a Logitech C9 mouse.

Just have a little look at /usr/lib/mousetab

- Thomas
E-Mail (domain):	 roell@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
UUCP (if above fails):   roell@tumult.{uucp | informatik.tu-muenchen.de}
famous last words: "diskspace - the final frontier..."