[comp.unix.sysv386] getting X386 without internet access

jay@trdlnk.uucp (Jay Twery) (05/17/91)

I am trying to get a copy of X386 for interactive unix 2.2, but I don't
have access to the internet. Is there a site where I can UUCP the code from?
Is there a way to ftp without access to Internet?

Thanks for the help.

Jay Twery
vpnet!trdlnk!jay

Michael Squires <mikes@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> (05/17/91)

In article <1991May16.174552.5201@trdlnk.uucp> jay@trdlnk.uucp (Jay Twery) writes:
>I am trying to get a copy of X386 for interactive unix 2.2, but I don't
>have access to the internet. Is there a site where I can UUCP the code from?
>Is there a way to ftp without access to Internet?

UUNET is accessible via a 900 number (don't have that right here).  I also
have a copy of X386 1.1a available via "sir-alan" at 812 333 0450, Telebit
TB+, login of "nuucp", password of "anon-uucp", copy /u/pubdir/HELP for more
info.  One site reports troubles with the binaries (which were copied
straight from uunet) but all the sources are there, including X11R4 itself.
--

Mike Squires (mikes@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu)     812 855 3974 (w) 812 333 6564 (h)
mikes@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu          546 N Park Ridge Rd., Bloomington, IN 47408

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (05/17/91)

jay@trdlnk.uucp (Jay Twery) writes:

>I am trying to get a copy of X386 for interactive unix 2.2, but I don't
>have access to the internet. Is there a site where I can UUCP the code from?
>Is there a way to ftp without access to Internet?

we have it on our BBS - number below
--
      Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287/317-251-7391
                         HST/PEP/V.32/v.32bis/v.42bis