[comp.unix.sysv386] Odd installation problem with Roell's X11R4.

kenny@msc.edu (Kenny Goers) (05/28/91)

I'm trying to get the X11R4 server running on my machine and am
having one strange problem.  The clients from my .xinitrc all
come up fine, no matter what they are, but the server does not
respond to the keyboard and instead all keypresses are withheld
(queued) until the X server has exited.  The keyboard never
seems to be relenquished by the console.  The mouse works fine
though.

I am not running xinit in the background.

Any ideas as to the source of the problem would be welcome.

Vital statistics:

Esix 3.2 Rev D
386/25 w/4 Meg (~3.7 Meg usable to ESIX, the upgrade is in the mail)
Logitech mouse on /dev/tty00
Orchid ProDesigner II w/514K (ET4000)
X386 version 1.1a

Kenny Goers          Minnesota Supercomputer Center        kenny@msc.edu

Kenny.Goers@sunbrk.FidoNet.Org (Kenny Goers) (05/28/91)

[...]

 * Origin: Seaeast - Fidonet<->Usenet Gateway - sunbrk (1:343/15.0)