[comp.unix.sysv386] VP/ix under X-windows

nlane@well.sf.ca.us (Nathan D. Lane) (05/23/91)

Does anyone know how to make X-windows and VP/ix cooperate ina workable
manner?  Basically, VP/ix will come up under X, but will say
"cannot set keyboard to type INTTYP. Press ENTER" then
"cannot set keyboard scan code mode. Press ENTER" ok
Welcom to the MS-DOS with VP/ix
-Then, at the Z:> prompt, the keyboard no longer works at all and the
window must be killed.  I was told by Interactive to set my TERM to
"pcxterm" and it would "kind-of" work - VP/ix under X is not a platform
Interactive wishes to support (I can see why due to conflicts with
keyboard and all...)
Any pointers?  I just need to demo it, not use it, under X (X11R3 with
Esix R3.2 Rev D).

Thanks in Advance

Nathan Lane						nlane@well.sf.ca.us
Digital Technology Service				(805) 683-3760
5370 Hollister Avenue
Santa Barbara, CA
					But I *am* the reseller...click
Authorized Esix, Real World Accounting Reseller

jde@everex.uucp (-Jeff Ellis()) (05/24/91)

In article <24967@well.sf.ca.us> nlane@well.sf.ca.us (Nathan D. Lane) writes:
>Does anyone know how to make X-windows and VP/ix cooperate ina workable
>manner?  Basically, VP/ix will come up under X, but will say
>"cannot set keyboard to type INTTYP. Press ENTER" then
>"cannot set keyboard scan code mode. Press ENTER" ok
>Any pointers?  I just need to demo it, not use it, under X (X11R3 with
>Esix R3.2 Rev D).

You need the pty patch from the Esix BBS. This will help with X, to fully
intergrate it with Esix X the server needs minor changes plus added fonts.
We do not have the changes to X to make it work better, but the pty patch
will at least stop the above errors.

--
Jeff Ellis		ESIX SYSTEM/V
                        UUCP:uunet!zardoz!everex!jde

bill@unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May24.164411.21350@everex.uucp> jde@everex.uucp (-Jeff Ellis()) writes:

>You need the pty patch from the Esix BBS. This will help with X, to fully
>intergrate it with Esix X the server needs minor changes plus added fonts.
>We do not have the changes to X to make it work better, but the pty patch
>will at least stop the above errors.

Jeff,

Will things like this continue to be developed for sysvr3, or is sysvr3
being basically dropped in favor of sysvr4?

--
bill@unixland.natick.ma.us	The Think_Tank BBS & Public Access Unix
    ...!uunet!think!unixland!bill       bill@unixland

jde@everex.uucp (-Jeff Ellis()) (06/04/91)

In article <1991May29.022441.4473@unixland.uucp> bill@unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:
>Jeff,
>Will things like this continue to be developed for sysvr3, or is sysvr3
>being basically dropped in favor of sysvr4?

I have not been offically told anything. It seems like as long as people order
SYSV3.2, Esix is going to sell it. I have no guess what kind of bug fix
support 3.2 will get.

Disclaimer: I do not speak for Esix Computers, Inc. or Everex.