[comp.unix.sysv386] SVR4.0 Release 3 + SLIP

steve@lewis.OZ (Steve Pattinson) (05/22/91)

1.
We have Intel SVR4.0 Version 2.0 running here.  It had been indicated
to our supplier that Version 3. i.e. the 'release' version was going
to be shipped soon, but they have been 'cut off at the knees' by the
AT&T / Interactive deal.

We have been told Interactive have said it will be third Qtr 91 before
Version 3 is shipped.

Does anyone know if any of the SVR4 distributors are shipping Version 3.

2.
SLIP was not supplied with SVR4.  I believe there is a version
available for FTP from "iabi.intel.com", does anyone have any experience
with this under Intel SVR4.0 V2.  We want to talk to a Pyramid.

3.
Does anyone have SVR4 running on a 33Meg/486 ALR Power Veisa.  Is it OK?

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Stephen Pattinson. | Computer Operations Manager  | Lewis Construction Company
15 Batman St., West Melbourne 3003., Victoria, Australia, Ph =>  +61 3 320 4700
A division of the Concrete Constructions Group.   |    ACSnet => steve@lewis.oz

jde@everex.uucp (-Jeff Ellis()) (05/23/91)

In article <1142@lewis.OZ> steve@lewis.OZ (Steve Pattinson) writes:

>1.
>We have Intel SVR4.0 Version 2.0 running here.  It had been indicated
>to our supplier that Version 3. i.e. the 'release' version was going
>to be shipped soon, but they have been 'cut off at the knees' by the
>AT&T / Interactive deal.
>Does anyone know if any of the SVR4 distributors are shipping Version 3.

Esix is shipping 4.0 Version 3. You also can updrade your Intel version
with Esix.

>2.
>SLIP was not supplied with SVR4.  I believe there is a version
>available for FTP from "iabi.intel.com", does anyone have any experience
>with this under Intel SVR4.0 V2.  We want to talk to a Pyramid.

Slip is included with Esix 4.0.3......

>3.
>Does anyone have SVR4 running on a 33Meg/486 ALR Power Veisa.  Is it OK?

This I don't know about, if you had the Intel 4.0.2 running on it there
should be no problem with Esix 4.0.3.

--
Jeff Ellis		ESIX SYSTEM/V
                        UUCP:uunet!zardoz!everex!jde

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (05/23/91)

steve@lewis.OZ (Steve Pattinson) writes:
>We have Intel SVR4.0 Version 2.0 running here.  It had been indicated
>to our supplier that Version 3. i.e. the 'release' version was going
>to be shipped soon, but they have been 'cut off at the knees' by the
>AT&T / Interactive deal.

>We have been told Interactive have said it will be third Qtr 91 before
>Version 3 is shipped.

>Does anyone know if any of the SVR4 distributors are shipping Version 3.

Dell will be shipping SVR4 3.0 next month.

--
      Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287/317-251-7391
                         HST/PEP/V.32/v.32bis/v.42bis

jde@everex.uucp (-Jeff Ellis()) (05/30/91)

In article <1991May23.134645.27877@nstar.rn.com> larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>>We have been told Interactive have said it will be third Qtr 91 before
>>Version 3 is shipped.
>
>>Does anyone know if any of the SVR4 distributors are shipping Version 3.
>
>Dell will be shipping SVR4 3.0 next month.

Esix SVR4 3.0 is shipping now .......

--
                        Internet: everex!jde%zardoz.uucp@ics.uci.edu

adams@trim.intel.com (Robert Adams) (06/01/91)

In article <1142@lewis.OZ>, steve@lewis.OZ (Steve Pattinson) writes:

|> 2.
|> SLIP was not supplied with SVR4.  I believe there is a version
|> available for FTP from "iabi.intel.com", does anyone have any experience
|> with this under Intel SVR4.0 V2.  We want to talk to a Pyramid.

Although I'm not an impartial source (I'm the one who supports
iabi.intel.com), I use the slip from there on an V.4.0.3 system with
no problems.  It was developed for V.4.0.2 origionally, though,
and it does work with that version.

Both a binary package (pkgadd format) and the sources are on iabi.

        -- Robert Adams         adams@littlei.intel.com
                                ...!uunet!littlei!adams

jprem@cbnewsl.ATT.COM (jeffrey.prem) (06/06/91)

   >From: steve@lewis.OZ (Steve Pattinson)
   >Newsgroups: comp.unix.sysv386
   >Subject: SVR4.0 Release 3 + SLIP
   >Date: 22 May 91 08:58:18 GMT
   >
   >3.
   >Does anyone have SVR4 running on a 33Meg/486 ALR Power Veisa.  Is it OK?

We have run both SVR4 version 3 and version 4 on this exact machine.
There is no reason why version 2 shouldn't work as well, but no one
here has tried it.

Enjoy,
Jeff
--