[comp.unix.sysv386] <None>

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (12/24/90)

We run all our modem ports with the modems locked at either
19,200 or 38400 (depending on the modems, the HST dual standards
are locked at 38400 while the Telebits and Hayes V-Series are locked
at 19200).  All modems are using only hardware flow control.

The HSTs yield around 1920 cps sending compressed and/or zipped files
(and 2950 cps sending text) to another modem of the same type which
is quite good.  The PEP's get 1420 cps locally sending compressed
news.

We are using the Computone Intelliport with 3.14 firmware and 4.28
drivers.  The drivers are quite old and work fine in our installation -
but don't support VP/IX or outbound SLIP (we don't need any of those)..

  {larry@nstar.rn.com, uunet!nstar!larry, larry%nstar@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)

bruce@opus.objy.com (Bruce Reed) (05/09/91)

I looking for info from anyone who has succesfully gotten job
control to work in any public domain shell (e.g. bash) under
SCO Unix 3.2. All feedback is appreciated.

--
Bruce Reed
Objectivity Inc.              bruce@objy.com 	| Duck em' if they can't

jrd@cc.usu.edu (Joe R. Doupnik) (06/15/91)

In article <1991Jun13.225207.15089@dobag.in-berlin.de>, lumpi@dobag.in-berlin.de (Joern Lubkoll) writes:
> leo@aai.com writes:
>>What does this problem sound like?  My guess is that it has to do
>>with the High Performance Disk Driver using the 1542B in bus
>>mastering mode.  Does ISC do this?  If so, have all these board
>>manufacturers made the same mistakes?  Other than this
>>problem(!), the systems run fine.  If you have a baby-size
>>motherboard that you use with ISC 2.2.1 and a 1542B, you might
>>want to try a similar test.  Am I the only one to see this?
>
> Never had any Problems with the following bioa/chipset-combinations:
>
> 80386SX, no Cache, Intel, AMI				(ugly slow)
> 80386-20, no Cache, Chips/Technologies, AMI
> 80386-25, no Cache, Chips/Technologies, AMI
> 80386-25, Cache (Intel), Ti-Chipset, Phoenix
> 80386-33, Cache (Intel), Ti-Chipset, Phoenix
> 80386-33, Cache (TTL), Opti-Chipset, Ami
> 80386-33, Cache, Chips/Technologies, AMI
> 80486-25, Cache (TTL), Opti-Chipset, Award
>
> I had about 50 Boards last year matching the above specifications,
> every type of board ran fine with isc 2.02/2.2/2.21
>
> No board tested worked properly with Intel SysVR4, 2.0.
>
> jl
> --
	Here's one board which does work with AT&T's SVR4 2.1:
 80386-33, Cache (Austec), TI chipset, AMI Bios
It's sold by CUI, 1680 Civic Center Drive, Suite 101, Santa Clara, CA 95050,
1-(408) 241-9170. 16 SIMM sockets too. I found this after testing a bunch of
boards with the AT&T startup floppies; most boards flunked.
	Joe D.