[comp.unix.sysv386] Roell's X11R4

jones@acsu.buffalo.edu (terry a jones) (01/31/91)

	Ok, I'll bite...so where can I ftp a copy of Roell's X11R4 from?
And has anyone migrated this to SCO Unix?  I'm running SCO and if anyone
has already made the port, I'd be interested in hearing about it.  On another
note, where can I pick up u386mon?

		Thanks in advance,
		Terry

--
Terry Jones   				{rutgers,uunet}!acsu.buffalo.edu!jones
SUNY at Buffalo ECE Dept.		  or: rutgers!ub!jones

You are in a maze of twisty little compiler features, all different.

soward@inslab.uky.edu (John Soward) (06/15/91)

Has Anyone gotten this to work corerctly? I have (several) AT&T 6386WGS
boxes running SVR4 with a "vdc600" display card. This card has the PVGA-1A
chip on it and a fast clock of 42, and with AT&T's Xwin runs in 800x600
mode...However, All I get manage with Roell's is a faulty 640x480 with
mutliple images of my xterms, etc...and a bunch of jiggly lines in 800x600...

anybody been able to get this combo to work?

thanx,
   /    "no, they're totally different. Their song goes 'bomp-bomp-bomp'   /
  /    but mine goes 'bomp-bomp-Bomp'...totally differnt" -V. Ice.        /
 /   john@ukpr.uky.edu | soward@s.ms.uky.edu | sysjohn@ukcc.uky.edu      /
/_______________________________________________________________________/

karln@uunet.uu.net (06/15/91)

In article <1991Jun14.215309.18404@ms.uky.edu> soward@inslab.uky.edu (John Soward) writes:

>Has Anyone gotten this to work corerctly? I have (several) AT&T 6386WGS
>boxes running SVR4 with a "vdc600" display card. This card has the PVGA-1A
>chip on it and a fast clock of 42, and with AT&T's Xwin runs in 800x600
>mode...However, All I get manage with Roell's is a faulty 640x480 with
>mutliple images of my xterms, etc...and a bunch of jiggly lines in 800x600...
>
>anybody been able to get this combo to work?

	The docs that come with Roell's release does say that PVGA stuff
is buggy, but I quess you know that already :-) ...

| Karl Nicholas             | A million monkeys in a million years    |
| karln!karln@uunet.uu.net  | did write Shakespear, we evolved ...    |