[comp.unix.sysv386] Esix RAW mode in sgtty.h broken?

nlane@well.sf.ca.us (Nathan D. Lane) (06/16/91)

I've been trying to get less to compile under Esix 3.2 rev D and cannot
get it to work properly when updating the screen.  Basically, raw mode
doesn't map \n to \r\n.  If I turn on Autolinefeed on my xterm, then
it works properly (but then messes up my screen when I get out of less).
Coming from a vt100 emulator, less also does not work properly.  I had
to change one line of source to make the code work at all - CBREAK mode
is not defined in Esix sgtty.h.  btw, I have to tell the makefile that
I do NOT have terminfo - it crashes far worse during compilation if I
try to use terminfo (many undefined structs).
Any ideas?

I've compiled this version of less under Coherent and it works just
fine.

Thanks in advance.

-Nathan Lane
Digital Technology Service
Santa Barbara, CA
(805) 683-3760
			Authorized Esix Resellers

det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG (Derek E. Terveer) (06/17/91)

nlane@well.sf.ca.us (Nathan D. Lane) writes:

>I've been trying to get less to compile under Esix 3.2 rev D and cannot
[problem description deleted]
>I've compiled this version of less under Coherent and it works just
>fine.

Drum roll please.  Thank you.  And the version of less that you are trying to
compile is?????     You may now grimly hand me the card containing the version.

I had no problems compiling less version 170 on Esix 3.2-D.

derek
--
Derek "Tigger" Terveer	det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG -- U of MN Women's Lax
I am the way and the truth and the light, I know all the answers; don't need