[comp.unix.sysv386] Esix 4.0.3 announcement

esixsale@everex.UUCP (Esix Sales Account) (06/12/91)

Sorry about this post, but some of you asked about the Esix 4.0.3
Press Release so here it is.....
Note: This account will now be used for all sales information for Esix!
      Only send Tech questions to jde@everex.
      Thank You.

Press Release
ESIX FIRST TO DELIVER SHRINK-WRAPPED UNIX SYSTEM V RELEASE 4.0.3

Esix Computer, Inc. today officially announced the release of
its shrink-wrapped System V Release 4.0 Unix operating system
for many popular 80386/486 personal computers. Esix also
announced a low-cost upgrade from Esix Release 3.2 and other
Unix operating systems.

Esix is the key publisher of shrink-wrapped System V Release 4
and is the first company to deliver Release 4.0.3, the latest
and most stable release of Unix. The company has added support
within Unix for many popular brands of computer systems and
peripherals. As a Unix source code licensee from Unix System
Laboratories (USL), Esix is able to respond rapidly to
enhancement requests and problem reports from customers rather
than merely passing along the binary code from USL.

"Esix earned its excellent reputation by publishing,
distributing and particularly by supporting Unix System V
Release 3.2," said Roel Pieper, USL Executive Vice President.
"We're delighted that Esix is offering a standard implementation
of System V Release 4 and impressed that they have taken the
time to train their customer support staff before they began
shipping product. That kind of commitment to customers is
exactly what the Unix software market needs."

Esix, a subsidiary of Everex Systems, Inc., was founded in 1988
and is located in Santa Ana, California. The company has been
shipping System V Release 3.2 since 1989 and commenced shipment
of System V Release 4 on May 1, 1991. Esix is a member of Unix
International, and its products are available through a world
wide reseller network.

--
ESIX SYSTEM/V
Phone: (714) 259-3020   Fax: (714) 259-3010

larry@zztop.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (06/14/91)

esixsale@everex.UUCP (Esix Sales Account) writes:

>and is the first company to deliver Release 4.0.3, the latest

is the 3 portion (of the 4.0.3) something internal
to ESIX or has AT&T released 4.0.3 code to all OEMs?

--
Larry Snyder
larry@zztop.rn.com

richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) (06/15/91)

In article <544@everex.UUCP> esixsale@everex.UUCP (Esix Sales Account) writes:
> [...]
>Esix is the key publisher of shrink-wrapped System V Release 4
> [...]
>
>"Esix earned its excellent reputation by publishing,
> [...]

The Usenet, and the Internet which carries much of its traffic, is
intended (and required) to be non-commercial.

Informational postings about new products and releases, etc., are
expected and appreciated.  But the sales hype should be carefully
removed.

If Esix wants to attain an excellent reputation they had better pay
closer attention to the guidelines and requirements of the networks
they utilize.

--
Richard Foulk		richard@pegasus.com

jde@everex.uucp (-Jeff Ellis()) (06/18/91)

In article <1991Jun13.214240.21529@zztop.rn.com> larry@zztop.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>is the 3 portion (of the 4.0.3) something internal
>to ESIX or has AT&T released 4.0.3 code to all OEMs?

The .3 part is for it being SYSV4.0 Source level 3 from AT&T.
(Actually I think its source tape W3.3)

--
Jeff Ellis		ESIX SYSTEM/V
                        UUCP:uunet!zardoz!everex!jde